1-Day Short Trip Guide for Hyderabad to NagarjunaSagar
It hardly takes 3 hours of time for travelling to Nagarjuna sagar from Hyderabad if you opt a car to visit this place. As it is a one day trip, so you don’t need any lodging and boarding facility. You can have breakfast at any of the places as the city is surrounded with good food courts.
I suggest you to better start at 5 a.m. in the morning to reach fast to the destined location.
Bring some snacks and water bottles
The major attractions of the city are as follows:
1. Nagarjunasagar Dam: It is the world’s largest dam that has been constructed with the stones across the Krishna River. Its length is 16 kms and tall as 150 m with 36 gates. It supplies water to Guntur, Praksham, Khammam and Nalgonda.
Opening and Closing times: There no such thing as opening and closing time but I advise you to see at morning or evening times for the comfort view.
2. Nagarjunakonda Museum: It is located at Nagarjunakonda, and one of the wonder tourist locations of Sagar. It consists of various Buddhist structures and relics. We can also see the Buddha stone image, antics and old inscriptions etc.
Opening and Closing times: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed on Fridays)
Entry Fee: 5 Rupees per Head (Free for children below 15 years of age)
Ferry Ride: Rs. 100 per each person (round trip)
3. Ethipothala Waterfalls: It is a stream that falls from 21.3 m height into a lagoon. Three streams are combined to form into a united waterfall. A crocodile-breeding center of this place greatly attracts several visitors. You can stay 1 or 2 hours in this place.
Opening and Closing Times: There is no time limit like opening and closing for this. It can be best seen in the sun light and in the evening times well.
1. Start at 5 a.m., so you reach there by 8:30 A.m.
2. Have some breakfast within 30 minutes at any hotel
3. Nagarjunakonda Museum and finish there at 1 p.m. and have some lunch there.
4. Start to Ethipothala and enjoy the weather up to 2 hours, i.e. till 4 p.m.
5. Go to Nagrajunasagar Dam and that is your final place to visit
6. Be there up to 6 or 6:30 p.m. and then start to Hyderabad
7. Finally you will be there at 10 or 10.30 p.m. in Hyderabad at the end of the day.